Crowley temporarily saved Obama, but his lies over the embassy attacks are on record
Candy Crowley’s unprofessional and incorrect insertion into the debate Tuesday night probably saved the Obama campaign. Mitt was going in for the kill when she jumped in and protected her President. No one would have called the debate a ‘draw’ or ‘Obama win’ had Mitt simply been permitted to lay out the facts without the Crowley misleading and the First Lady Applauding. Crowley admitted she was wrong and Romney right less than an hour later but the damage was done. Shame on both of them.
Obama has played politics with this issue from the start. It’s time to end it and let the American people decide based on the facts: Is Al Qaeda on the run and will Obama get these ‘folks’ (that’s what he called them Tuesday night. not terrorists, folks. Check the transcript) who are responsible? Or is the truth Obama’s policy in the middle east has yielded tragic consequences including the murder of our Ambassador by terrorists, Al Qaeda on the rise in the region, the isolation of Israel and Iran 4 years closer to a nuclear bomb? Fortunately, Monday’s debate is Foreign policy.
A primer: What follows is a lite summary of the information MOCGATOR and I have shared with you about the murder of 4 Americans and the invasion of our Embassy. One thing I haven’t share in the past I will now. Google “Chris Stevens Tortured” and see what comes up. Warning, it isn’t pretty.
Extra calls to for Security were made and either ignored or denied. In addition to the attached, two State Dept officials testified to that fact:
As originally reported in the WSJ:
- On Friday, our WSJ colleagues showed that starting in spring, U.S. intelligence had been worried about radical militias in eastern Libya.
- These armed groups helped topple Moammar Ghadhafi last year but weren’t demobilized as a new government has slowly found its legs.
- Deteriorating security was no secret. On April 10, for example, an explosive device was thrown at a convoy carrying U.N. envoy Ian Martin.
- On June 6, an improvised explosive device exploded outside the U.S. consulate.
- In late August, State warned American citizens who were planning to travel to Libya about the threat of assassinations and car bombings.
- Despite all this, U.S. diplomatic missions had minimal security.
- The night of the Benghazi attack, four lightly armed Libyans and five American security offices were on duty.
- The complex lacked smoke-protection masks and fire extinguishers.
- Neither the consulate in Benghazi nor the embassy in Tripoli were guarded by U.S. Marines, whose deployment to Libya wasn’t a priority.
- (Stevens) diary said he was concerned about the “never-ending” security threats in Benghazi and wrote that he was on an al Qaeda hit list.
The Administration did have actionable intelligence, they failed to take action
The Administration purposefully lied to the American public about the attacks for weeks after. I guess showing videos of Al Qaeda screaming “Obama we are all Osama now” doesn’t make for a good campaign only a week after their “Osama is Dead” convention in Charlotte.
At the second Presidential debate, Obama went all in on this lie – hiding behind his Secretary of State, the debate moderator and the parsing of words that in no way align with his administrations response to the attack.