Hillary Clinton Suggests Embassy Attacks Were Al Qaeda – After Two Weeks of Lying
In the past two weeks, the man asking to be re-elected President has knowingly lied to the American people, apologized for American values and has utterly failed to defend Americans and our values. But hey, he was on Letterman and he was (self-described) ‘eye candy’ while on the View. HE HAS FAILED YOU.
There has not been a shred of honesty out of the Obama campaign this year. None. Strawmen, false narratives. Selective amnesia on when he assumed responsibility for our economy. Fast and Furious. It is truly obscene. The last week has taken this to a new level. The administration knew within 24 hours this was a terrorist attack, coordinated with the anniversary of 9/11, planned by Al Qaeda.
Yet, the President stood in the rose garden, went on countless talk shows, went to the United Nations and told everyone it was just a bunch of kids having some fun that got out of control. You know, it’s Friday, you’re at a party, someone brings RPG’s, automatic weapons, Diesel bomb but the movie you rented isn’t good so the next thing you know you’re invading the American Embassy, killing 4 and flying an Al Qaeda flag. Those crazy kids.
There is more. They had clear security warnings from multiple sources prior to the events. These warnings apparently include some from Chris Stevens directly. Not only were no additional security precautions taken, existing security was substandard. Obama actually said at one point the Marines wouldn’t have been able to stop the attacks. That from your commander in chief. I don’t know, armed Marines can be pretty persuasive. My money is on the Marines. Not Obama.
From today’s WSJ, note I edited some of the details for format not content. I encourage you to read the entire article:
Imagine the uproar if, barely a month before Election Day, the Bush Administration had responded to a terrorist strike—on Sept. 11 no less—in this fashion. Obfuscating about what happened. Refusing to acknowledge that clear security warnings were apparently ignored. Then trying to shoot the messengers who bring these inconvenient truths to light in order to talk about anything but a stunning and deadly attack on U.S. sovereign territory.
Four Americans lost their lives in Benghazi in a terrorist attack that evidence suggests should have been anticipated and might have been stopped. Rather than accept responsibility, the Administration has tried to stonewall and blame others. Congress should call hearings to hold someone accountable for this debacle.
- On Friday, our WSJ colleagues showed that starting in spring, U.S. intelligence had been worried about radical militias in eastern Libya.
- These armed groups helped topple Moammar Ghadhafi last year but weren’t demobilized as a new government has slowly found its legs.
- Deteriorating security was no secret. On April 10, for example, an explosive device was thrown at a convoy carrying U.N. envoy Ian Martin.
- On June 6, an improvised explosive device exploded outside the U.S. consulate.
- In late August, State warned American citizens who were planning to travel to Libya about the threat of assassinations and car bombings.
- Despite all this, U.S. diplomatic missions had minimal security.
- The night of the Benghazi attack, four lightly armed Libyans and five American security offices were on duty.
- The complex lacked smoke-protection masks and fire extinguishers.
- Neither the consulate in Benghazi nor the embassy in Tripoli were guarded by U.S. Marines, whose deployment to Libya wasn’t a priority.
- (Stevens) diary said he was concerned about the “never-ending” security threats in Benghazi and wrote that he was on an al Qaeda hit list.