Obama this week: “Can’t change Washington from the Inside”; Fast and Furious, Embassy Attacks “bumps in the road”, Stevens Diary, Al Qaeda attacks, Refuses to defend free speech
Sorry for the lengthy title, but wow, what a week. I return from a business trip and hear about the terrible, terrible week one of the campaigns had. Silly me, I assumed it was Obama that had the bad week. In case you missed the news last week, I will recap:
- Obama admits he “can’t change Washington from the Inside”. This cost you 4 years, $5.5T of debt and thrashing of the Constitution for him to realize he sucks at his job
- 4 Americans killed, US embassies invaded, Al Qaeda flags replaced burned American flags and Obama called this a “Bump in the Road”
- The Senate adjourned w/o passing a budget for the 3rd year in a row – Despite unemployment of 8.1% and $16T in debt (for the record, Obama officially blamed the House GOP)
- A Taliban attack in Afghanistan resulted in the single worse loss of military aircraft since Vietnam
- Administration officials admitted the embassy attacks were terror attacks, then quickly walked those comments back
- Men in brown shirts (literally) arrest a US citizen in the middle of the night for making an offensive movie.
- Your tax dollars are currently being spent to run ads in the middle east distancing the government from said movie
- Your tax dollars were NOT being used to secure the embassy. A week post the attacks the FBI still had not arrived and…
- CNN found Stevens’ diary in the unsecured embassy ruins. Held it for a week to protect the administration, but finally released pieces
- The diary indicates Stevens was concerned with embassy security, about Al Qaeda’s rise and that he was a target
- France defended free speech this week – I paraphrase, but they said something to the effect, we make fun of people / politicians all the time. Only one group murders people when we do
- A report came out blaming the AG’s office for the Fast and Furious scandal – Obama blamed bush.
- Obama admitted in an interview some of his campaign ads were ‘mistakes’. I call them flat out lies.
- Obama won’t meet with world leaders but he is going back on The View
- A left wing news org releases an EDITED video implicating Romney saying half this country doesn’t pay taxes. Well, they don’t, but MINUTES of the tape were deleted. Seriously? Want to bet it was some material that made Romney look great.
- Romney released his tax returns – he has donated $5M to charity in the last two years. Look up Joe Bidens charitable contributions… financial, not his idiocy.
Folks – all of this is over the last two weeks. With the exception of the embassy attacks – the last week. WEEK. Now ask yourself – how many of these stories were covered by the MSM in any detail at all? Worse, how many of these stories are you seeing for the first time? How many of you have heard about Romney’s 47% comment? Exactly. I bet you have heard how Obama is pulling away in the polls and the race is all but over. Really? Did you know those polls are skewed so heavily +Dem they should be thrown out. Or that Obama’s lead is really 3.8% which is DOWN from pre convention polling and in most cases, within margin of errors? Didn’t think so.
Right now, in your country, the media is so in the bag for Obama we have entered Pravda territory. They are costing Mitt 5-10 points in the polls. I have no doubt in my mind. Our jobs – our obligation to future generations is to not let these lies stand. To make sure the American electorate goes to the polls this November with the facts. Not a narrative told by a narcissistic liar and his media lap dogs.
‘The most important lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t change Washington from the inside,” Barack Obama said in an interview Thursday on the Spanish-language Univision network. “You can only change it from the outside.”
‘I expect to be judged by results. . . . If stuff hasn’t worked and people don’t feel like I’ve led the country in the right direction, then you’ll have a new president.”
Yes, the most bitterly divisive president in modern history… the man whose early response to Republican input was to sneer, “I won,” and say that “they can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back”… the man who said he didn’t “want the folks who created this mess to do a lot of talking”… the man noted for telling his supporters to “argue with” their Republican and independent neighbors and “get in their face”… the class warrior who blames every problem in American on people he thinks aren’t paying enough taxes… is disappointed that he couldn’t make Washington more unified.
“I’m the first one to confess that– the spirit that I brought to Washington, that I wanted to see instituted, where we weren’t constantly in a political slugfest, but were focused more on problem solving that, you know, I haven’t fully accomplished that,” Obama said on 60 Minutes. “I haven’t even come close in some cases. And you know, if you ask me ‘what’s my biggest disappointment’ is that we haven’t changed the tone in Washington as much as I would have liked.”
So there you have it. What will Obama’s self-described “biggest mistake” become next? That all depends on who asks, doesn’t it? Rest assured that it won’t be anything he’s actually done.