The United States Of Dependency?
Economy: New reports suggest America is not only hurting economically under President Obama, but also on a dangerous road to fiscal decline and growing dependence on government. This is the real legacy of Obamanomics…
Here are just a few recent reports about the alarming growth in dependency:
• In the second quarter of 2011, 107 million Americans were receiving some kind of government welfare — not including Medicare or Social Security — according to a new study from the Senate Budget Committee. That’s up from 97 million just over two years ago.
• In the last three months, more people have applied for Social Security disability payments than found jobs in the private sector, federal data show.
• New Census data show 43% of all immigrants remain on welfare 20 years after arriving in the U.S., a stunning statistic suggesting the old model of immigration being a path to opportunity may have broken down in the Age of Obama.
• A new economic study says almost half of Americans die with less than $10,000 in assets — a sad comment on how government has displaced personal initiative and private savings in preparing for retirement.
• IRS data show that almost half of all Americans — 49.5% of us — pay no income taxes at all.
• In today’s federal budget, 70% of all spending now goes to aid for individuals such as housing, food, income, student aid or other forms of welfare.
• Still another study estimates that total U.S. long-term debt now stands at $211 trillion, up $11 trillion in just one year, thanks to growing red ink from out-of-control entitlement spending.
The only real economic security any nation has is the strength and vitality of its private economy — not the empty, broken promises of its government. After all, a dependent population is an obedient population. Your dependence is the progressives’ power — unless and until you take it back at the ballot box.