10 Concepts Liberals Talk About Incessantly But Don’t Understand
“It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.” — Ronald Reagan
1) Being Open Minded: To a liberal, this has nothing at all to do with seriously considering other people’s ideas. To the contrary, liberals define being “open-minded” as agreeing with them.
2) Racism: Liberals start with the presumption that only white people who don’t belong to the Democratic Party can be racist.
3) Fairness: As a practical matter, liberals define “fairness” as taking as much as possible from people who they don’t think are going to vote for them and giving it to people who may vote for them in return for their ill gotten largesse.
4) Greed: To a liberal, believing that you pay too much in taxes or even opposing paying more in taxes is greedy.
5) Hate: Liberals often define simple disagreement with them on issues like gay marriage, tax rates, or abortion as hatred.
6) Investment: To them, an “investment” is taking someone else’s tax dollars and putting it into a project that liberals approve of and whether a profit is made or lost is so irrelevant that they typically don’t even bother to measure the results.
7) Charity: Liberals view themselves as charitable if they take someone else’s tax dollars and give it away to people they hope will vote for them in return.
8) Patriotism: Liberals love America the way a wife beater loves his spouse. That’s why they’re always beating up the country “for its own good.”
9) Tolerance: In a free, open, and pluralistic society, there are all sorts of behaviors that we may have to tolerate, even though we don’t approve of those activities. Liberals don’t get this distinction. For one thing, they don’t understand the difference between tolerance and acceptance. They also don’t extend any of the tolerance they’re agitating for to people who disagree with them.
10) Diversity: What liberals mean by “diversity” is that they want a broad range of people from different races, colors, and creeds who have identical political views. A black or Hispanic conservative doesn’t contribute to “diversity” in liberal eyes because he actually has diverse views. Incredible role models for women like Sarah Palin can’t be feminists to liberals because she doesn’t share the same liberal beliefs as sexist pigs like Anthony Weiner and Bill Maher.